As a business, you need to have a clear and concise ‘Contact Us page on your website. It should be easy to find, useful, and organized. You also need to make sure that your ‘Contact Us page is constantly updated with the latest information about your business. This guide will walk you through every step of creating a perfect ‘Contact Us page for your business.
What is a Contact Us Page?
A contact page is a web page that contains information about a company or organization that you can contact to find out more about their products and services.
This page can create an online presence for your business and can help potential customers learn more about your company and what they can expect when using your services.
A contact page typically contains the following elements:
- Contact Information:
- Phone number, email address, and physical address should be prominently displayed for customers to easily find.
- Contact Form:
- An easy-to-use form that allows customers to send inquiries or feedback, with clear labeling of the input fields.
- Additional Information:
- Additional information such as hours of operation or frequently asked questions can help customers find the information they need quickly.
- Buttons or links that encourage customers to contact you, such as “Call us now” or “Send us an email” can increase conversions.
- Personal touch:
- Personal message or photo of the team can help create a connection with customers and make your business more relatable.
- The design, layout, and language of the “Contact Us” page should be consistent with the rest of the website to maintain a professional look.
- The page should be easily accessible from every page on the website, through main navigation menu and/or the footer of the pages.
- SEO Optimization:
- Make sure the page is optimized for SEO to make it easily discoverable in search engines by including keywords in the page’s title and meta description.
Step 1: Writing the Copy
Creating a great “Contact Us” page is not just about design and functionality, it also involves crafting effective website copy. The words on your “Contact Us” page can make a big difference in how visitors perceive your business and whether or not they choose to contact you. Here are some tips for planning and implementing website copy for your “Contact Us” page.
- Understand Your Audience:
- Your “Contact Us” page should be tailored to your target audience. Think about what information they would find most useful and what language they would be most comfortable with.
- Keep it Simple:
- When it comes to website copy, less is often more. Use simple, clear language and avoid using jargon or industry-specific terms that may be confusing to visitors.
- Get to the Point:
- Visitors to your “Contact Us” page are likely looking for specific information, so be sure to get to the point quickly. Clearly state your contact information, hours of operation, and any other important details.
- Use a Friendly Tone:
- Your “Contact Us” page is an opportunity to establish a personal connection with your visitors. Use a friendly, approachable tone and avoid sounding too formal.
- Use Action Words:
- Encourage visitors to take action by using action words, such as “call,” “email,” or “visit.”
- Include a Call to Action:
- Include a call-to-action such as “Contact us today” or “Get in touch” that encourages visitors to reach out to your business.
- Optimize for SEO:
- Don’t forget to optimize your copy for SEO. Include keywords that are relevant to your business and make sure your NAP (name, address, phone number) is included in the HTML code.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your “Contact Us” page has effective website copy that is tailored to your audience and encourages visitors to contact your business.
Remember that the copy is an important element of the page, and it should be well thought out and implemented in a consistent and clear manner.
Step 2: Design considerations for a contact us page
Layout design is one of the most important elements on a contact us page.
You want to make sure your page looks easy to navigate and load quickly, so users can easily find what they need.
You also want to consider how users will interact with your contact form. For example, is it easy to type in contact information? Or do you need to provide more information before submitting a request?
Contact Form Options
There are many different ways to create a contact form on your page. You can use standard web-based forms, or you could go beyond that and use third-party forms creators like Formspring or ConvertKit.
Whichever option you choose, make sure the form is processed quickly and correctly.
What Contact Information to request
When users submit their requests through a contact form, it’s important that they receive the correct information in a timely manner.
You should ensure that all necessary contact information is extracted in the form submission process.
Remember: People do not like giving out personal data so if you only need an email address make sure that is all you ask for.
You may also want to include images on your contact page in order to help convey an image of who you are and what you offer. Images can be used for logos, branding, or other marketing collateral.
Be sure to choose images that represent your company well and that don’t conflict with any trademarks or copyrights reserved by your company.
A cta button is an effective way to bring attention to a specific field on a contact page.
When clicked, this button will take visitors directly into a custom-built fields section where they can complete their request using those fields alone or in combination with other fields on the page (e.g., email address).
A contact page is an important part of any online business. It should be designed to look modern and easy to navigate, with clear contact information and visual elements that are easy to see and use.
Additionally, you should consider using a Contact Form to allow customers to contact you directly. By using the right features and design components, you can create a successful contact page for your business.
A good contact page is a key part of any online business. By designing your page correctly, you can advantageously reach a wider audience and boost sales. Contact pages also have other benefits such as easier customer support and better online visibility.
Hi l am a part time blogger, affiliate marketer and founder of Bestdesigneye.com. I post content on niche website design, WordPress and SEO.